Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Meditate with me in the night..

With all the books that I've read and listened to, most of them said that meditation is good for oneself. Quieting of the mind is not an easy task. I've tried to meditate in yoga class and at the end of the session I felt that I took a short relaxing nap. Not really enlighten by the experience.
For September, I've dedicated myself to learn the art of meditation. I've got some books and a tape from the library and will start meditating 20 minutes a day for 2 weeks and 40 min a day on the 2 weeks. Anyone interested in the meditation journey?

Workout log
T: 55 min
Ave heart rate: 162b/m
In zone: 54 min
Cal: 500. Yes

I was feeling a bit dizzy after the cycling journey. Didn't realize my heart rate was that high. I was working extra hard because the class was taught by a sub who was late. I assumed that she'll go easy on us since she taught 2 other classes beforehand.
What I liked about this sub is that she let us stretch our arms with towels in between songs to release the tensions built up on the neck and shoulder region. Will implement the towel stretch in my stretching routine.

No comments: