Thursday, August 12, 2004

Peachy day

Last night mom stayed over our house. She was in good spirit considering the events that had happened for the pass week or so. We checked out some pictures taken @ the SF wedding etc.. while hubby was laundring the sheets for the guest room (Thanks hub).
She made chow-mein so we had that with some left over curry chicken with rice. I forgot to make a veggie dish since we wanted to finish dinner quickly and take a walk to a local supermarket that had just opened. Our time together was very short. Next thing you know, it's bed time.
She also gave me lots of peaches which she had received from her Fresno in-laws. I brought them to work and shared them with my co-workers. Co-worker A (s/f/Japanese) said " This peach is so...good. The aroma of the peach reminds me of Japan." I'm glad that a peach was able to bring back such connection. Another co-worker C(m/f/East coast transplant) said " The peach was delicious. It tasted like the ones I had back East where we picked them ripe off the tree" I'm glad I was able to spread the peach joy around. They are huge. I've got to thank bulleye's wifey's parents next time I see them.

3 comments:

antawnkreitzer said...

You can't beat those Central Valley Peaches.

Ag...the only thing Fresno has going for itself...that and cheaper homes.

Bullseye said...

I just had mango's today. I bought it from a spanish looking guy next to BoA. I thought it was pretty cheap $6 for a box of 9 mango's but my Indian co-worker said that he bought a box for $1.50!

I showed my Japanese American co-worker how we make turtle's and eat mango's that way. She was amazed and is going to show her Hawaiian relatives tomorrow. (She's going on vacation.)

Anyways, it reminded me of the hot Indonesian days with Babu's (Indonesian maid's) cleaning up after you make a mess.

Sam said...

My Indian friends are really good at finding great deals and bargaining too.