Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Unexpected news

Last night, as I was having dinner, one of my good friend, S called. Her mom just passed away a week or so. Over the phone, S sounded calm and together. I never know what to say other than I'm sad that she lost her mom. When we saw Spiderman 2 together, S said that her mom was getting stronger. (Mrs. S had a heart attack almost a year ago)
The point of today's blog is to inform my fellow female or male who cares about their mom, aunts and friend that the
signs of heart attack for women are not exactly the same as men. Another scary statistics is that we, women don't get help right a way. S's mom symptoms were heartburn, and difficulty sleeping. Like the stats, she didn't go to the Dr. until 3 or 4 days after she felt the discomfort. If she had, I would not be bloggin about this topic today.
Workout log
Time: 57 min
Ave heart rate: 152 b/m
Cal: 461
Can't seem to hit 500 lately deep sigh...

No comments: