Friday, August 27, 2004

Eliminate clutter

As I’m attempting to clean my office, I find it difficult to throw things away. After 1 hour of sorting, I basically reshuffled my stacks and didn’t make any progress in my quest of creating a serene and clutter free work space. As I’m attempting to throw thing away, I said to my self “What if I need this note sometime down the road?” “This is good literature that will help me if some projects are resurrected”. As you’ve probably guessed, I’m the same way at home which drive hubby off the wall. He can’t stand clutter so I hide my piles of collectables in the garage but then he caught on and said “I need to a path so I can walk from one side of the garage to another. Is there anything we can get rid off?” To keep peace in the house, I actually did get rid of all my college notes and that was 3 boxes worth of paperweight. I still have my textbooks which I'm not ready to part with yet.
Since I have this attachment isue, I like watching the show clean sweep on TLC where a group of designer, carpenter & an organizer guru/nazi go into a home that if full of stuff and help the couple part with their stuff via selling, donation, toss. I totally feel their pain when the nazi forces them to part with this one thing that means so much to them. Once the couple unwillingly minimize their clutter. The show challenged the male vs. the female on who can make more money. Who ever makes the most money on the garage sale gets to keep one of their favorite things that is in the toss pile. 9 out of 10 times the women win and get to keep their stuff. I’m still soul searching as of why I hold on to things.

No comments: