Sunday, August 15, 2004

Hair Folklore

My hair has grown to the level where it's beyond ready for a cut. I kept procrastinating because a) I don't want to drive 40 min one way to get a hair cut by Lynn my Chinese hair dresser for over 3 years and b) It's time to take some risk and try some local hair dresser so that I don't have to drive 40 min every 6 weeks. I didn't get very far with plan b because my hair is so short that there's really no margin for error. Like a creature of habit, I made an appointment with Lynn and I took S with me to get the job done. Italics = Mandarin
Lynn:"Oh.. what a cute little girl. Such beautiful hair."
Me:"Thank you"

Lynn:"She has lots of hair for a four year old. Must take after your husband's hair since your hair is thin and fine"
Me:"You think? My husband did have thick hair when he was a child"
Lynn:"You shave her head when she was a new born!"
Me:"No, I did not. I don't believe in those old Chinese folklore"
Lynn:" Hey, don't under estimate the power of shaving the head of the new born. It works for both of my daughters. You see my hair, thin? My husband also thin hair. I shaved both of my girls' heads when they were new born and now they both have beautiful thick head of hair.
Me:"There's no need to shave them because the baby hair is designed to fall off on their own."
Lynn:"No. Shaving the head stimulate the fair follicles and the stimulation caused the hair to grow a fuller & thicker"
I changed the topic since I wasn't making any progress

No comments: