Thursday, October 28, 2004

Rainbow and Happy Trees

This morning as hubby and S were leaving the house in the dark, it wasn't raining yet but we heard thunder roars that lasted over 30 seconds followed with lightning. By the time I left for work, it was pouring dogs and cat. Fortunately the downpour ended as I entered San Diego County. I was greeted with dry asphalt and somewhat blue sky. I happily gave the windshield wiper a break because I might need them later down the road. As I was changing lane, I checked my rear view mirror and noticed this beautiful rainbow behind me. It was a pleasant view after driving through gray sky. The rainbow reminded me of this little song S likes to sing. It’s from one of her favorite book A Birthday for Frances. The story is about Frances, the older sister jealous of her little sister’s birthday. At one point of the story they were drawing place cards and Frances protested and sang
Rainbow and happy trees
Are not for Alice* or for me
I will draw three legged cats
Caterpillars with ugly hats


*Alice is Frances’ imaginary friend.

No comments: