Friday, October 08, 2004

Dah

As mentioned before by Bulleye, this season of survivor casts are fairly tame. The cute guys are being voted off and the challenges are not that challenging. The highlight of the show for me was when the female tribe won the reward challenge and had the opportunity to spend a day with a Vanuatu local name Dah who showed them how to live as an islander. The 1st thing he did when he got to the camp was walking up a coconut tree, chopped down a coconut and drank the juice. The ladies were very impressed. Later, he showed them where to find vegetables, roots, & sugar cane. He also taught them how to make coconut milk, crab hunting at night & better their shelter.
On a side note: I fried salmon for dinner last night resulting in the whole house smelling fishy. Hubby was not happy and was spraying air freshener everywhere.

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

I hate the smell of fish also and my housemate are nice to me. When they cook fish they always light a few candles. It seems to kill the fishy smell quickly. Some fishes have stronger smells than others.

Dah is awesome. He reminded me of the guy in the Polynesian Culture Center in Hawaii but more authentic. I kept on wondering if his leaf was going to blow off.