Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Disconnected from the world

Today, there was some issue with the router at work so we had no email nor internet access all day. I did not realized how much the internet is a part of the fabric of my life. I wanted to look up something work related but wasn't able to.
Mom gave me some food today so I did not spend too much time cooking dinner. Thanks mom :) S ate lots of chicken with rice tonight. She also gave me some fruits and my favorite is the plum. I was about to eat one and she said "Can I try some?" I hand her the plum.
S: "I don't want the skin."
I had to eat the skin so she can eat the fruit.
S: "Why do you like eating the skin?"
Me: "Because I'm a mom"
I packed her lunch today and it seems to work out. Will do it again tomorrow.

3 comments:

CookieBandit said...

When I was younger, I didn't like the plum skin either! I just peeled it off and threw it away. Now I don't mind it, which is good because it gets kind of messy (esp with juicy plums).

I never minded apple skins, though...

Sam said...

When I was a kid growing up, my grandma peeled the skin off the apples, and asian pears.

Bullseye said...

Only Mom's get to eat fiber? :)