Thursday, October 14, 2004

Painful Lesson

2 days ago, I accidentally sliced the tip of my right middle finger by running it over the jagged sharp edge of a new Saran Wrap box. Blood was gushing out like mad, I was in lots of pain and S was overly excited by the event.
S: "Mom, let me see, let me see the blood... I can't see it from here."
Note that I was in the kitchen and she's in the family room. Once she figured out I wasn't going to show her my wounded finger, she came in to the kitchen.
S:"Uh.. it looks like ketchup, your blood looks just like ketchup, why does your blood look like ketchup?"
Me: "I don't know S. I'm hurt right now and I need a band-aid."
S: "I have one in my jacket, Daddy where's my jacket? Can you please get my jacket, it’s in the car, Mom need a band aid now!."
At this time, hubby was frantically searching for a band-aids in our 1st aids kit.
Hubby: "S, calm down and be quiet!"
Hubby finally found some band-aids and I was able to cover my wound & stopped the bleeding.
Since the accident, I've been keeping the left had dry so hubby has the dishes and S bath duties. It’s not so easy to wash my hair or my face with only my left hand. Hopefully finger will recover by next week.
Lesson learned: Next time, use a butter knife to open a saran wrap box.

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

Thanks goodness you're ok. Becareful in the kitchen. Wifey always injures herself also.