Monday, October 04, 2004

October already?

Can't believe it's already October. 3 more months and it's 2005. S can't wait for Halloween. She thought that Halloween happens the moment we are in October. I had to show her the calendar and count the days until Halloween. I have not gotten her a costume nor the candies for the neighborhood kids. Can't get the candies too early or I'll end up eating them. This year, she wants to be Sleeping Beauty so we’ll shop for costume soon. May be I'll use the Disney gift card we've received from Bulleye and his wifey. The dress up day at her school is either the 27th or the 28th. We bought some Halloween chocolate chip cookie dough over the weekend and we'll bake them the day before her school party. S likes to make cookies from scratch but I don't have all the equipment. May be during our Christmas get together with my friend P, we'll bake some from scratch.
On Sunday, I made Pad Thai for the first time. I didn't realize how much sugar is in Pad Thai. It called for 3 tablespoon for a 6 oz noodle recipe. Hubby was complaining about the vinegar smell in the kitchen while I was cooking but he ate the final product. We both concluded that it did not taste like the restaurant version so I got to go back to the restaurant, order the dish and figure out what the differences are. I know that I didn't put as much oil in mine so the noodles were clumping together. With all the sugar and oil in Phad Thai makes it not such a healthy dish so we can have it once in a while.
I watched some TV this weekend. Two shows worth mentioning are as follow:
1) Documentary on IFC (Independent Film Channel) that showed what students in NYU film school went through to make a 10-minute film. It was brutal to see that besides being creative, they also have to resourceful with the business side of the coin such as raise money to support the film and making sure they stay on budget. While watching the show, I thought about my friend Jo who studied here is now a film director in Taiwan. I hope she’s at a level that she can delegate most of those tasks and focus on the creative part of the process.
2) Reality check shows on Fineliving where a lady's dream job is being a wedding coordinator so she had the opportunity to shadow a real wedding coordinator for a week and see what it takes to be one. At the end of the show, she realized that being a coordinator wasn't really her dream job after all.

3 comments:

Bullseye said...

This blog has Wifey all over it. Her nick name is 'Sleeping Beauty' because she can sleep anywhere anytime. She loves to eat Pad Thai on Southwest Airlines when we go back to LA. Some guy was eating Pad Thai next to her once and now she always wants it on the trip to LA. Wifey's working on her wedding coordinator license. She has done 3 weddings already and is working on a 4th.

Try to catch a show called "The Dog Whisperer" on the National Geographics Channel. It's awesome!

Sam said...

If she's interested, I can email her the pad thai recipe. You can always look online also for wifey.

Bullseye said...

no thanks. we don't cook much.