Friday, October 29, 2004

Pretzel control

I love honey mustard flavored pretzel. I know it has no nutritional value and it's filled with MSG but sometimes, I get in to the "Must have it" mode and I give in. Why can't the food scientists design the flavorings so that it does not have any backlashes like healthy food? I enjoy the burst of flavors in my mouth and my brain says to me "Eat more.. eat more…" After eating a hand full or two of them pretzels, I get really really thirsty and mouth doesn't like what I did either. It would ruin the rest of my day until I drink enough water to flush the junk out of my system. The experience usually keeps me away from honey mustard flavored pretzel for 6 months of so. If I happen to grocery shop on an empty stomach, I would seek out the pretzel on the shelf and purposely expose myself to the temptation while consciously knowing that eating it would ultimately be bad for me.
My solution to the pretzel issue is when I’m in the illogical state of mind in the supermarket is to buy the pretzel and keep it in the pantry un-opened. I've done this with ice cream and it worked. The ice cream lasted 6 months in the freezer.

No comments: