Friday, October 01, 2004

Qi-gung

Today, I went to the library and returned a book on qi-gong which was way over due. I went up to the checkout counter and after the clerk scanned my card.
Library clerk (LC): "Would you like to take care of the overdue fees on the qi-gong book?"
Me: "Yes, how much do I owe the library?"
LC: "$2.50"
I handed her a $5.00 bill
LC: "How did you like the book?"
Me: "It was good and informative but practicing and experiencing the qi movement is a different story"
LC: "I studied under a qi-gong master before and he was 80 but looked 45. When he sent his Chi, the class felt it"
Me: "What does it (qi) feels like?"
She looked over the check out line concerned.
LC: "Do you have a minute? Let me take care of these folks"
Me: "Sure"
I started browsing on the literatures in the checkout area.
After a minute or so, she came back to me and said
"Hold out our hand"
I placed my and in mid air with palm facing up and she placed one of her palm above and the other below my hand.
LC: "Do you feel any thing?"
Me: "No"
LC: "Close your eyes"
I closed my eyes, and after a minute or so, I felt heat and tingling sensation on my hand.
Me: "Yes I feel tingling sensation and heat"
LC: "That's a representation of what qi feels like"
I didn't expect to experience some one else's qi flow through my hand so it made my day.

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

That's awesome! I want to feel someone's chi!