Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Where's the skunk?

Yesterday, I was happy that the spin instructor is well enough to teach a class. Everyone was expecting a sub since she threw her back out cutting onions in the kitchen last week so it was a pleasant surprise.
There's one lady, let's call her blonde who had the bike to my left insisted on turning the fan on during class. She liked to "circulate the stifle air". I told her it's fine with me as long as it's not blowing directly in my face. I don't ride into a tornados.
In the middle of the class, I suddenly smelled this garlic like skunky odor. Internal dialog during the stinky segment of the ride:
"Is some one sweating garlic or some one let one loose? Discousting!!"
"Thanks blonde for circulating the stinky air!!"
Once the song is over, E who was biking to my right said "What was that smell? Who brought a skunk to class?"
Fortunately the stench went away and I was able to breath the rest of the class.
Workout Log
Time: 57 min
Ave heart rate: 151 b/min
Cal: 460

3 comments:

Bullseye said...

Why do you have a naked guy on your banner?

Sam said...

He's wearing shorts.

CookieBandit said...

Reminds me of this lady in ballet class. She's around 70 or 80 years old, been dancing for as long as I've been at the studio (9 years!), but not a former professional or anything.

I'm sorry to say, but she stinks. Not the garlic smell but the bad BO smell. And everyone complains to each other about it (of course, not to her). Whew!