Saturday, September 11, 2004

Hubby can you hear me?

3 days ago, hubby accidentally got some water in his ear. It really bothered him because he wasn't able to hear. The night that it happened, I told him to jump up and down as he tilt his head to get the water out. It had always worked for me but not him;however,it was entertaining to see him jumping around the house on one leg.
The next day, I tried dripping alcohol and he said that alcohol made his hearing worst. Fear of getting an ear infection he went to see the doctor last night. When the nurse looked in to his ear canals, she wasn't able to see his ear drums due to heavy wax build up. The nurse syringed lots of water in his ears to flush out both ears. After the ear enemas, he was able to hear again and there was no infection.
Hubby: "I can hear so much better now. Everything seem louder and I can hear the rubbing noise from my shorts when I walk which I couldn't hear before"
So all these pass incidents where I said something and 5 seconds later he said the same thing and I get so annoyed and told him, "Isn't that what I just said!" was due to his wax build up in his ear not because he's mentally blocked out my voice or took credit for my ideas. Come to think of it there were lots of incidents where I tried to whisper or speak really low to him so others are not disturbed, he couldn't hear. It wasn't him it was his wax.
Today is my friend S's Birthday. Happy Birthday S. :)
We've got a wedding to go to in the valley. It will be a hot wedding, literally.

No comments: