Thursday, September 23, 2004

Brand name or generic?

Growing up in my family, comparison shopping has been ingrained deeply inside me such that it has become second nature. When I grocery or medicine shopping, I tend to compare the price between generic vs. brand name. I'm sure others do the same since the store conveniently place both products side by side on the same shelf with the price breakdown/oz.
For example, my doctor recommended Robitussin cough medicine for my cold so I went to the local drug store and next to it was the generic brand which was half the price and had the same dosage of the active ingredient. Naturally, I went for the generic version.
For food such as can fruits, cereals, I've tried generic brand before but it didn't taste the same as the brand name version so there is added value in that respect.
I've also experimented with ice-cream and I discovered that generic just doesn't cut it. Does that make me an ice-cream snob?
Workout Log
Time: 53 min
Heart rate: 152 b/m
Cal: 427

I don't beat my self up anymore when I don't hit 500. May be meditation is working...

No comments: