Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Change is in the air

Today is officially the 1st day of Autumn. It's sad to see the Summer ends but I was told that changes are good for the mind and the soul. Good bye great tasting fruits such as watermelon, grapes, peaches, nectarine, mango and plums. Good bye to great deals on corn. I bought some yesterday at 50 cents each to celebrate the end of the season. I finally learned how to BBQ corn properly this summer. Before I forget, my secret to great tasting BBQ corn is as follow.
1) Pull the husk off and place it on an aluminum foil.
2) Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the corn and seal the corn completely with the aluminum foil.
3) Place corn on the barbie and cook for 7 min and turn the corn 90 degrees.
4) Continue the 90 degree turn every 7 min until the corn is cooked for 28 min. In case I wasn't clear, after 28 min all 360 degrees of the corn surface should be exposed to the barbie.
5) Once it’s off the grill, butter can be added to the corn.

So what do I look forward to in Fall?
1) Day light savings
2) Halloween
3) Thanksgiving

Happy Birthday Annette.

2 comments:

CookieBandit said...

Mmmm, corn and peaches. I feel like I haven't gotten to eat enough peaches this summer. What a bummer :)

But I thought tangerines were winter fruits?

Sam said...

CC,
You are correct. Tangerine is one of my favorite winter food. I meant to say succulent nectarine.