Friday, May 07, 2004

TGIF

Last night was full of excitement.
Hubby came home and complained about stomach cramp. So he was lounging and taking medication trying to relive the pain. Normally he's quite busy with tending the garden etc.. He was officially out of commision.
Since it's survivor night, I didn't' really have time to console him ( this is what I would do normally, if there's no survivor) because my plan was to have dinner cooked, kitchen cleaned up & daughter (S) bathed before 8:00 o'clock.

So me: " I'll make some wonton soup and that will make you feel better :) "
Hubby: mm...

To save time, I thought cleverly, I have left over mac n cheese from CPK from Tuesday night. I'll just warm it up and get SS started with dinner and that will save some time. Note that S eats veeeery slooooww.
Finally, dinner is served, hubby had no appetite so he lounged some more as S and I finished dinner. I gave her a bath came back down and
YES, it's only 7:40 PM, in my mind " there's time to do the dishes" " Hubby ate some wontons. Effort didn't all go to waste.. "
After dinner, I gave S half a banana because I noticed she hasnt' had a BM (bowel movement) yet today. Very important even for mom you know.

We all watched survivor and I'm so disappointed that Rob won both reward and immunity challenges. I don't understand why Tom didn't strategically vote Rob off when he had the power of immunity. Lack of leadership and strategic planning skill?
At this time, hubby's contractions, I mean cramps comes and go so he's still not over it but in a better mood.
I prepared milk for S to drink before going to bed. We do this routinely and she said in a whiney manner

S: "I don't want milk, my tummy hurts".
In my mind, here's one of her excuse for not wanting to eat.
Me : " You have to drink it !! or no Lion King"
S: " I want Lion King"
Me : " Then you must drink milk"

I gave her the sippy cup, she drank 1/3 and started to cry, then..
whoa... she threw up all over her hair, her shirt and the floor. Everthing she had consumed that evening all came out.

S crying: "Mommy... I'm stinky...."
Me: " I'm sorry... let's clean you up"

Poor hubby had to clean up the mess on the floor while I give her another bath. Thanks Hub!! you are the best :P.
This morning, I offer her a small apple and she ate half and went off to grandma's house with hubby. Hopefully she'll fell better today.

Lessons learned?
1) I will listen to my daughter more and not force her to eat when she's not feeling well. This is not an easy task because she's very good at playing me to get what she wants and some how I'll find a way to discern truths from lies
2) Never give her leftover from CPK again.
3) I will apologize to her when I get home.

No comments: