Monday, May 17, 2004

Food log or flog

As a result of reading a blog about In & Out burger animal style, I wanted to try it "animal style". The blog was posted on April 29th and it was still on my mind on Saturday May 15th.
As hubby and S played in the pool Saturday morning and I sat by the pool journaling to expel my frustration build up during the week,it was approaching lunch time so
Hub: What are we having for lunch?
Me: What about In & out?
S: I want to go to a restaurant.
Hub: OK
After they wash up, we went to In & out and had lunch. It tasted really good. I haven't had it for a really long time. I can't recall the last time I went. I've always correlate in& out with my friend Steve who loves it with a passion.
After lunch, we went to check out CostPlus and I was feeling the aftermath of the cheese burger and fries. I felt tired and lethargic. Lots of yawning so when we got home, I took a nap with S. When I woke up from the nap, I can feel a head ache coming and I'm just not feeling normal.
I managed to fix dinner but after that the head ache was taking over and I attributed it to eating greasy food. As I lay on my bed thinking the pain away, I re-called years ago, I had the same head ache when I ate some deep fried greasy chicken wings. Never again.
If my mom was around, I would ask her to use the Indonesian method of kerik (coin and tiger balm) and get the bad wind out of my body.
Hine sight is always 20/20.
I went back and check out the carb, protein & fat breakdown of what I ate (Cheese burger & frenchfries) that caused my body to say " I don't like what you are doing!".
Are you ready?
Fat: 45 grams or 10 zone blocks or 41.5%
Protein: 29 grams or 4 zone blocks or 17.0%
Carb : 93 grams or 10 zone blocks or 41.5%

That was too much fat and carb for one meal. No wonder I was lethargic and felt sick for the rest of the day.

They do have the Atkin friendly version where you substitute buns with lettuce leaves. If I had that instead here's the breakdown
Fat: 33 grams or 11 zone blocks or 50%
Protein: 29 grams or 4 zone blocks or 18.2%
Carb: 65 grams or 7 zone blocks or 31.8%
This still has too much fat for one meal.
So I publish this blog to jog my memory in the event I crave in & out again sometime down the road.

No comments: