Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Tattoo

When I came home from work last night, I walked in the door and S (the daughter) jumped out of the couch and she was extremely excited to see me. Usually she's more in to TV and barely acknowledge my entrance.
S: Mommy..Mommy...
Me: Hello..
S: Mommy, look.. Mommy, look.. (She showed me the inside of her forearm and yes she repeat things sometimes more than twice which gets on my nerves)
Me: Nice PowerPuff tattoo... Where did you get it?
S: Teacher Tamika put it on with water and when she put the tattoo on it didn't hurt at all because it's not the needle kind.
Me:That looks cool...
S: Why are there cracks on the tattoo?
Me: Oh.. It's because the tattoo is really thin, not flexible and your skin is flexible so it forms cracks when your skin stretches.
S: What does thin means?
Me: Thin is the opposite of thick.
S: What does thick means?
Me: Paper is thin, A book is thick.
S: Why are there cracks on my tattoo?
Me: Don't worry about it, it's suppose to have cracks since it's not meant to be permanent like the needle type tattoo.
S: What's permanent?
Me: Permanent means it stays on your skin for ever and ever and ever.
S: I want mine to stay on for ever. Will it come off when I take a bath?
Me: This type will come off but it's OK because we'll put on another one once I figure out where to but the temporary tattoo
S: Teacher Tamika had other types of tattoo like Johnny Bravo, and Kids next door.
Me: Good. So when you go to school tomorrow, please ask Teacher Tamika where she bought the tattoo.

We'll see if the mission will be a success.

4 comments:

Bullseye said...

Don't be annoyed with her 'double' talk. She's just really excited ... and it's part of being a kid.

Sam said...

Noodle do you know why your link now turned into <-- --> again.

Bullseye said...

I removed the name.

Sam said...

ic. I thought I screw up on the html code