Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Learning

I'm re-learning to live a healthy life style again. So far so good. Short term goal is to sustain it for 1 week. Weekend is going to be a challenge since I'm visiting my parents so I will plan out a strategy to stick with my 1 week goal.
What I re-learned so far:
1) Cottage cheese taste ok when it's mixed with fruits.
2) Plain yogurt is very... sour.
3) I only need 2000 calories/day to sustain status quo.
4) 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories so theoretically if one burns 500 cal/day, it will take 7 days to burn off one single pound of fat. Will think twice before putting fat in my mouth.

Options available for me to burn 500 cal/day are:
A) Vigorous stationary biking for 42 min.
B) Stair stepping for 72 min.
C) Step aerobics, low impact for 64 min.
D) Walking @ the speed of 3 miles/hour for 1.6 hours
E) Run @ the speed of 5 miles/hour for 50 min.
F) Run @ the speed of 6 miles/hour for 46 min.

In retrospect since I spin twice a week for 30 min vigerously each session, I only burn 720 calories/ week which is only 20% of 3500 cal and I thought was melting away in sweat and heat. This explains why I didn't see any improvements.

Short term goal is to exercise 3 times/ week. and the 3rd session goal is to burn 350-400 calories. Stair stepping for 1 hour is an option.

Got to step it up and increase the activities.. in baby steps of course.
Another path is eat less so there's less to burn. "In and out, In & out, that's what a fit body is all about"

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

Keep it up. I noticed that my clothes were tighter at the wedding! I too need to start melting some weight away ...