Thursday, May 13, 2004

Corn

I went to the grocery store yesterday and noticed that white corn was 5 for $1.00 so I bought some for me and some for mom and dad 'cause I know dad likes corn.
I called my mom about it this morning on the cell while I drive to work.
Note Chinese are italicized.

Dad: Hello?
Me : Hi dad, did I wake you?
Dad: It's OK.
Me : Please tell mom that I bought some corn and it will be in S's cubby
Dad: Corn?
Me : Yes, Corn, it was on sale... 5 for $1.00
Dad: Oh.. CORN. (handing phone over to mom)
Mom: Hello
Me : Mom, There will be some corn for you in S's cubby. Don't forget to take it home
Mom: Corn?
Me : You know Corn, jagung.. (I had to resort to Indonesian)
Mom: Oh.. Is it for vegetable soup?
Me : huh..No, it's for you and dad
Mom: The kids are making vegetable soup today, didn't Summer tell you?
Me : No.
Mom: OK. Bye..

I'm all confused and hoping that I made my point across.

Later, after talking to hubby and I found out that S had signed up to bring broccoli to school today for make a vegetable soup.
She did not even peeped a word about it.
There's seems to be communication breakdown between parents, kid and teacher.
Luckily Corn was there to the rescue.

No comments: