Monday, January 15, 2007

Territorial

Lately, I've noticed Danielle is more territorial than ever. She would close her bedroom door so Secondo won't have access to her toys or play in her so called nest consist of pillows and blankets. Danielle said that anyone entering her room must say the right password and I told her Secondo has limited vocabularies let alone comprehending the concept of a password. Danielle appeared unsympathetic and replied that she'll create easy passwords so mei-mei can say it. I'm afraid this will cause more frustration on her part and she'll learn to share things with her little sister. She also not happy that Secondo plays with her toys with out asking 1st. I told Danielle to be patient and when Secondo turns 3 years, she'll be able play by her older sister's rules. I can't remember if I was like Danielle with my little brother at her because our age gap is about the same.
Danielle started to play Lego STARWARS video game with her neighbor friend. She can play for hours and doesn't want to quit. It's a really cute game so I may get it for her as a birthday present.
I've recently learned how to make Tom Yum Kung from my Thai friend and I made the soup again last weekend to share with her family on Saturday night. Her husband tasted it and said that my Tom yum kung was as good as what he gets at a Thai restaurant which quite an ego boost. Mom likes her version of Green Curry but it's made with tons of coconut milk which isn't a dish that we can eat on regular basis.

On Sunday, we went to sister inlaw's baby shower brunch. They served tiny ham and cheese rolls, salads and egg casseroles. We gave her a bath kit and as she open her gifts, two other gifts were bath kits too. I've included the gift receipt so I hope they will exchange it for something else on their registry. One game we played was to guess the numbers of mini M&Ms that were in this tiny bottle. It had over 300 M&Ms and I was way off by guessing 50.

4 comments:

Juliet said...

Oh, I just can't wait til my kids fight over toys! lol One nice thing about reading your blog is that I get a preview of things to come.

Ooh! I want that recipe! Can yo ue-mail it to me? that would be much appechiated, if it isn't too much trouble. My e-mail address is dalian_moon AT Hotmail DOT com

Sam said...

Juliet,
What kind of preview do you get? Must be the new blogger feature. I'm curious now.
The recipe is scribble on a piece of paper and hopefully I'll have time this weekend to type it

Juliet said...

What I meant by "review" is I get your view into life with two kids. Since I'm expecting my second, it's nice to know what's coming. ^_^

Sam said...

Juliet,
Yes, I believe our kid's age difference is about the same.