Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Baby showers


I attended a baby shower yesterday and all of the guests were women. I'm lucky that when I had my 1st baby shower at work, guys from my department attended the shower too. They didn't want to find out the sex of the baby so most of the clothes and towels were green or yellow. I'm glad that I have the option to find out the gender of my babies. With the 2nd child, I didn't want to know the gender at first but as the pregnancy progressed, I had to decide if I should keep Danielle's clothes and toys or give them away to make room for boy clothes and toys. It worked out fine that Secondo is able to use most of the things Danielle had.
While we ate, we all shared our pregnancy, morning sickness and craving stories. From this get together, I learned that on the show gray anatomies, one female character was blessed with 2 uteruses or uteri? and she had relations with 2 different men while she was ovulating (I assume from 2 sets of ovaries) so her twins were 6 weeks apart with different fathers. Too dramatic to be realistic.
I have another shower scheduled for this weekend so more baby shopping before the event.
I've been thinking about the goals I want to set for 2007 and they are
  1. Increase upper body and core strength
  2. Organize kid pictures and be creative with the out put
  3. Volunteer more in Danielle's class

2 comments:

Juliet said...

I have been de-linked. :-( I should be better about commenting, I guess.

I totally want to know the gender of this baby, for the same reasons you did. Also, I like to start using a name, and calliing the baby "he" or "she". (In this case, I have a feeling it's going to be a she.) It just helps me to feel closer to the baby. But hey, that's just me.

Sam said...

Juliet,
I just upgrade to the new blog so still trying to figure out how to format it they way I want my favorite blogs so be patient.

Sam