Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Gas molecules

The other night, hubby and I were watching a movie on TV with a married couple friend and the husband got up to get some food from the kitchen and with a jerky torso movement, he accidentally cut a loud but odorless one 2 feet away from me. I was glad that it wasn't the silent but deadly version or I would have had to say something.
I looked over to his wife to check on her reaction to what just happened. She was 10 feet away from me so she may not have heard it. We all carried on as if nothing had happened when he and I knew that he just farted. At what level of friendship, do we fell comfortable or brave enough to joke and laugh about farts like we did when we were kids? Thinking back, I could have said " Danielle really likes this book titled The gas we pass? It's an interesting read"

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Well, my friends and I talk about all kinds of inappropriate things. As to when you reach that level of comfort, I think it's just something you need to gauge depending on the person.