Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Stay at home mom

Hubby and Danielle went back on their schedule yesterday where as I had the day off so I was a stayed home mom yesterday. I dropped off the kids like usual and went to the gym for the core central class where we worked on strengthening our abdomens. Those who had been pregnant multiple times know how difficult it is to tighten and strengthen the abs area after having kids. I got to the gym 10 min early and the class was packed with mostly women. My guess is that they were all stay home moms which made me feel out of place since everyone seemed to know each other and were having a great old time sharing their New Year eve and kid stories.
There were no free hand weights available so I resorted to the disk weights used for weight lifting. I liked the routine from that class and if I’m discipline enough I could do the same workout at home on the step. After the core workout, I continued with the cycle class. At the end of cycling, I burned off ~ 800 calories. I watched the biggest looser marathon the night before so I was pumped up to get into a better shape.
After I showered and ate a quick lunch, I headed to Danielle’s school to meet and help her new teacher. She was a bit lost as of what I could help her with but the kids suggested that I listened and helped individual kid read. It was eye opening for me to witness the large spectrum of readers when I spent time with 5 kids. One kid was trying hard to sound out words such as “slow, laugh” and one kid was reading proficiently a book containing the word “execution, and cement”. Danielle wanted to read with me so we read her Junie B Jones the sneaky peaky spying during recess. One thing I don’t like about the book is that Junie B does not use the correct pass tense. I guess it’s a good opportunity for me to discuss with Danielle that past tense of think is not thinked but thought.
After recess, I help her teacher out with Physical Education. They stretched as a group then I handed out jump ropes to the kids who wants to jump individually. Danielle didn't care for jump rope so she played with her friends. I spent time with older kids turning rope while they jumped. I had fun jumping too but it’s easier to turn the rope than jump at my age. Her teacher was appreciative that I was there to help her and I had fun learning what PE is all about.
When we got home, Danielle ate some snack, did her homework while I washed the dishes and made Yang-Chow fried rice for dinner with our neighbor who smoked some yummy ribs. She cracked up when she read that Junie B got a great idea out of thin hair.
It was non-stop until it was time for bed but I enjoyed every moment of it.

No comments: