Monday, January 03, 2005

Back to the daily grind

With our 4 days off, hubby and I spent most of it with family and watched DVDs.
Hero was OK. Cinematography was beautiful, the fight scenes were believable but the story line was weak.
Bourne Supremacy was OK also. I liked Bourne identify more than the sequel.
I wanted to rent Napoleon Dynamite but it was all rented out.
We celebrated father inlaw's birthday on Saturday. I got a cake from a Chinese bakery in Irvine and it was light and spongy. I single handedly ate 1/4 of the cake. They put lots of whip cream frosting so 50% of the cake was frosting so in realty I ate 1/8 of the cake since I scraped off all the frosting. Other than the cake, I did not over indulge on other things.
On Sunday, Uncle Sun from Boston visited with us briefly after he had a long flight from Taiwan. He was so exhausted that he fell asleep in the middle of a conversation so they went home early. I have not seen him for at least 20 years and yet he's still get a kick of telling old stories when I was a child. One particular story is that he used to pick me up from daycare and other kids would say "Sam, wake up, your dad is here, your dad is here!" The teacher heard the comment and she was totally confused as of who was my real father. I have no recollection of this incident other than what was told to me.
He also verbally shared with me recipes on how to make Pad thai and Tom Yum Kung soup. I'll have to try it before I forget. I promised I'll visit him in Boston soon

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

Listening to his stories are so fun. He's very animated when he tells the stories and has a great laugh!