Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Reality show gone too far?

Last night, daughter and I were on the computer playing games on pbskids.org and hubby said "You got to watch this show, it's interesting!". He was watching Who's your daddy reality show where the daughter had to guess who is her biological dad out of 8 men. I started watching it with him and got sucked in to it. I had to know who her real dad is. At first I was judging by how emotional those men were towards her comment but hubby reminded me that the others fake dad could be really good actors. I think it was cruel for this woman having find out why she was put up for adoption on national television with 7 men pretending to hold back the tears with her every attempt to justify her decisions. Once the fake dads were weeded out, then they state who they really are and some mentioned what they do for a living.
At the end she did pick the right man to be her father who had remarried and had 3 other daughters and she was also reunited with her birth mom. I was sobbing like mad at the end of the reunion. I know some friend and relatives who are adopted. Some parents told their kids that they are adopted and some parents kept it a secret due to fear that the child would leave them and seek their biological parent. If I were an adopted child, I would seek my biological parent also and get to the bottom of why they had to give me up. Is knowing better than not knowing?

No comments: