Sunday, January 23, 2005

Pho Review

We went to lunch with a friend of mine at a Vietnamese noodle place name Pho Vu. I was excited because this restaurant is closest to our house. Both hubby and I ordered the large Pho bowl. He offered to share his large pho bowl with S so that I can order a different dish but I decided to try their Pho this time. We also ordered egg rolls as appetizer and we were not impressed. When our Phos arrived, I noticed the soup was not boiling hot and there were not much noodle in the bowl, at least not as much as I would expect in a large order.
Hubby: "Did I get a regular bowl by mistake? I ordered the large bowl."
Me: "No, you got the large bowl. They just didn't give us as much noodle as others would have"
Besides the lack of noodle, the beef that was served in the soup was chewy and the bean spouts were not fresh. With the soup not being boiling hot, it didn't really cook the bean sprout either.
My friend ordered the BBQ pork with vermicelli noodle and she was disappointed with her dish.
Over all I rate Pho Vu below average. Pho 99 in Lake Forest is better than Pho Vu but Thanh in Irvine is the best I've tasted so far.

No comments: