Monday, July 26, 2004

Trip to the airport

We went up to Fresno this weekend to attend a wedding and also hang out with friends and family. One of the interesting part of the trip was picking up jojo and joma (How S would address my bro & sis) at the airport. It was a small airport and there were houses along the runway. Those houses have small plane hangers instead of garages for cars. We got there around 8:40 PM so it was getting dark. We would look at the sky and trying to see which blinking light is jojo.
Mom: "Is that him?" pointing at a blinking red light from a distance
Me: "I don't think so. The light isn't moving."
We chit chatted some more as we saw a couple were preparing to take off. After a while, I notice a yellow light blinking above the pitched dark sky.
Me to bestman : "Is that jojo?"
Bestman: "I don't know yet. If he turns towards the runway than it's him."
The blinking yellow light did fly in a U pattern and align itself to the runway
Bestman: "Yes, that's him"
As the plane is hitting the runway, S and I were waving our arms in the air signaling the plan to land as if the pilot can see us in the dark.
Once the plane landed, I went up to the plane and said "Hello.."
Bestman: "Let's wait and see if it's truly jojo. It could be some one else"
Me: " You're right." Luckily it was him and the male spicies helped the pilot park the plane.
I put S on the passenger seat when they moved the plane back and forth and she had fun. I seriously don't know how I can fit in there. It seemed tight even for joma who is very very slim. While they are all busy moving the plane, I took some pics that night to capture the moment... a very special moment. I know mom and dad are proud of jojo although it was not verbally conveyed.

No comments: