Friday, July 09, 2004

Bad Thursday

Rewind
On Thursday, I looked forward to spinning since I wasn't able to do it on Tuesday. I went to the gym's locker room all excited, said hello to a fellow spinner, E and attempted to change and discovered a nightmare situation. "I forgot my shorts!". I brought two tops instead of a pair of SHORTS !! URGH... Usually, when I forget something, I'm able improvise. For instance if I forget a towel or socks, I'll use a shirt as towel or wear work sock. Unfortunately, I can't improvised shorts. I thought about how convert my towel into shorts or my shirt into shorts. I mentioned it to my fellow spinner E hoping she'll be able to rescue me.
Me: "I forgot my shorts today"
E: "What a bummer.... I didn't' bring an extra pair either. You don't have a spare?"
Well at least I've tried. In my head "If I had a pair of spare shorts we wouldn't have this conversation right now would we? " I'm pissed at myself most of all but politely, I said "No... Well I'll have to come back tomorrow and workout instead."
E: "I'm sorry..."
Me: "Do you think people would notice if I spin in my underwear?"
E: " Some people would..." (Making concern facial gesture)
Me: "Spin extra hard for me OK!"
E: "I'll spin for both of us today" (Making relieved facial gesture)

I put on my street clothes and decided to go shopping instead and blow off some steam.

After work, I was craving for junk food so I bought some ice-cream & potato chips. I snacked on the chips as I was preparing dinner but didn't get to the ice-cream yet. The fact that it's in my freezer and I have easy access to the ice-cream is good enough for last night.

Friday
Since I didn't have Ice-cream lastnight, I was craving caramel macchiato this morning as I drove to work so I decided to have that for breakfast. I had some protein before it so that make it somewhat in the zone.
I was so.. ready to blow off today's workout plan off too but I went to the gym. I'm not planning to do anything substantial this weekend other than play games. I changed, went to the restroom and when I came out, to my surprise, I saw E entering the locker room.
E:"Hey, did you remember your shorts today?"
Me: "How can I forget! after yesterday's trouma :). Didn't you get a good workout yesterday?"
E: "No, she was easy on us yesterday so I'm back to do some running"
Me: "Sounds good. Have a great workout"

Workout log
Time: 40.5 min
Cardio: 20 min (Stair master-->200 cal)
Circuit training: 20 min--> 100 cal
Ave heart rate: 145 bpm
Kcal: 304

I'm usually less pissy after a workout. At least the week ended on a happy note.

No comments: