Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Stinky coffee grind

As I was sleeping soundly, I was woken up by a strong smell of coffee grind. It's not the fresh enticing smell that lures you to coffee shops. It smelled like 2 days old, used, forgotten grind.
Logical brain said: This is not real. It's only a dream because no one in the house is making coffee at this hour and neither are the neighbors so go back to sleep.
Creative brain: Your wrong LB, my sense of smell is never wrong. There’s bad coffee grind hidden somewhere in this room or coming from outside. Seek and destroy!
Half asleep, I got up and got a drink of water in the bathroom and noticed the smell is there too. It's everywhere. Why isn't this nuisance troubling hubby? He's sleeping soundly as if everything is hunky-dory. On my way back to bed, I noticed a 5’ fake pink rose tree and a large box in the hallway. What in the world? I looked at the box closely and inside was a brand new sewing machine.
Me: Hub, what’s going on?
Hub: We had a company party and I won the sewing machine from the raffle.
Me: What about the tree?
Hub: That was the centerpiece and I won that too. This is rare. I usually don’t win anything from company functions.
Me: Odd. I’ve never heard of sewing machines give aways but I guess I can take some sewing classes and become interior decorator as seen on trading spaces or design on a dime.
Next thing I know it’s morning and it’s time to get S ready for school but wait is the coffee smell still there? Sniff.. sniff.. The smell.. it went away! Yes, I’m so glad the smell went a way.
Me: Hub, did you smell coffee this morning when you got up?
Hub: No.
Me: Must be a dream but what does it all mean? Still a mystery.

No comments: