Monday, July 12, 2004

Dating after married with child

Saturday morning conversation:
Hubby: "What should we do this weekend?"
Me: "Let's go see Spiderman 2. I heard good reviews from those who had seen it."
Hubby: "What about S? Who's going to watch her?"
Me: "Parents inlaw?" (Mine has MJ sessions)
Hubby: "We don't have to see it this weekend. It'll be around or we can wait for DVD"
Me: " I don't want this to be another Lord of the ring, return of the king experience where we waited long enough that the theater that claim it's playing the movie no longer plays it anymore. :("
Hubby: "What about this, you go see the movie on your own and I'll see it on my own later"
My internal dialog: Sucks! I guess it's better than not going.
Me: "That's a great idea. This way, we are not bothering your parents."
Hubby: hmm.
Comes Sunday morning.
Me: "I checked the schedule and Spidey 2 is playing @ local theater @ 10:00 AM. If I catch that one, you can catch the one @ 1 or 1:30 PM."
Hubby: "I don't think this will work (finally came to his senses). Let me call my parents and see if they are available."
After conversing with mother inlaw, parents in-law agreed to babysit and we were able to see the movie together as a couple + a good friend who I have not seen for many months.
Since we don't get out much, I'm still having sticker shock that matinee is $7.50.

2 comments:

Mir said...

yeah s2 rocks...i should know i saw it 4x!!! ;)

Sam said...

It really rocks!! You must catch a lot more stuff watching it 4x Mir.