Thursday, June 03, 2004

Survivorless Thursday

Now that Survivor is over, I'm not glued to the TV on Thursday nights anymore. It gives me time to reflect on overall performance for the week in accomplishing my goal of healthy eating and increasing the frequency of exercise.
Over the holiday weekend, I basically ate what I wanted. To name a few fries, pineapple fried rice& ice cream. Pineapple fried rice never tasted so good. I felt that I regressed a bit but on Tuesday, I was right back on the program. This week I gave up on brown rice since it takes extra effort to cook brown rice for me and jasmine rice for the family. It takes advance planning and patients. I just eat less jasmine rice based on the principle why eat food that you don't like. I've also modify my goal to eat healthy 80% of the time and splurge 20% when needed.
At work, some of my co-workers started a support group to get in shape for the Summer. There are 7 ladies and 1 man. The goal is to motivate each other to move and loose some pounds for the bathing suit season. It works out great for me because I've been wanting to workout more than twice a week but have not yet done it consistently on my own. This way, I'm accountable for the other 3 days with the group and by the end of June, it will be come another healthy habit off the check list. This week, I did taebo class and planning to do yoga tomorrow so that will be 4 workouts/week. The side effect of lunch work out is it forces me to bring home made lunches. I've been thinking about buying a pedometer but have not had time to research it. One article I read is that if an individual walks 10,000 step a day, that individual will be in really good shape. I recall seeing an adult happy meal commercial that gives away a pedometer as the "toy". When I went to McDonalds I didn't see it on the menu. What's the deal?
This weekend I'm participating in a community garage sale. Hopefully, it'll be a big turn out.

No comments: