Monday, June 28, 2004

San Diego County Fair

We spent the pass weekend in San Diego. We went to the SD County Fair (SDCF). SDCF had the Dr. Seuss theme and there was a biographical exhibit that showed his life from a child to an adult. He was a very creative person. There were performance of Dr. Seuss's books on Stage by college students. It was entertaining for both adult and children. We also saw art work and wood work done by high school students. One that really impressed me was the wood work of one high school student. He made a bedroom set that is better than what I've seen in some retail stores. S really enjoyed kiddy carnival rides. She's old enough now that she's interested in roller coasters (kiddy ones). I went on with her to make sure she's ok. She enjoyed it more than I did. After that I let her go on her own. She's growing up too fast. She also liked riding the pony. Now days, pony rides cost $5.00.

Monday Workout log:
I did the stair master today and I was having problem with the heart rate monitor. For some reason it wasn't picking up my heart beat. I fuss with it while I was on the machine but then I stepped down and went to the locker room to fix things. The moment I stepped off the machine, I got a heart rate. That's when I realized that the electronics on the stepper was interfering with my receiver. I stepped back on the stair master and put my left hand which has the receiver on the side of my body, then I got a reading. Will all the fussing, I had to start over so in reality, I burned more than what was recorded. One key observation while exercising, the stair master also produce how much calories you burn when you input your weight. When I compare the numbers, the stair master tends to show higher calories than my heart rate monitor. I know that the hear rate monitor is more accurate since it calculates by my heart rate where as the stair master goes by only weight and assume you are working out at a certain level. After 23 min on the machine, I tried the 30 min. circuit training that claims to work upper and lower body in 30 min. I did the reps that were recommended. Will implement in to workout schedule for the month of July.
Here's the stats
Time: 38.19 min.
Ave heart rate: 147 bpm
In zone 36 min.
Kcal: 283 at least

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

It's great to hear about S.