Saturday, June 12, 2004

Morning Jog

Yesterday, I had the craving for noodle soup but there's really no noodle house around our neighborhood so I had to settle for Thai stir-fried noodles. It's not the same.
For some reason, I wake up at 5 AM every morning this week. Today, I decided to go for my 1st jog/walk of the month. OK, 30% jogging, 70% walking since I have not jogged for years. The air was clean and crisp and I saw other joggers hitting the pavement @ 5 AM. I thought with spinning, I've trained my legs to be stronger and strong legs would make jogging easy. On the contrary my legs felt heavy and weak when I jog. I wasn't wearing the right shoes resulting to a blister on my foot.
Here's the data from today's workout.
Workout time: 46 min.
Ave. Heart rate: 143 bpm
In Zone: 46 min.
kcal: 340
Note that it says kcal instead of cal. I couldn't have used up 340,000 calories in 46 min.
Weekend wrap up, I’ve accomplished the goals I've set as far as working out.
Mon: Taebo
Wed: Taebo
Thu: Spin
Sat: Walk/jog
As far as food, I ate out twice: Once with a vendor to a Mexican restaurant. I had seafood burrito without the flour tortilla and broccoli with some chips and salsa. We had Thai food last night. I also had some dark chocolate.

Summer has a birthday party to attend at noon and we are having dinner with the parents tonight.

Next week's Goal
Mon: Taebo
Tue: Spin
Wed: Taebo
Thu: Spin
Sat: Walk/jog
Eat healthy for 5 days.

Recent tip from the gay: To be in shape for the bathing suit season, people should be working out in the spring. This is very true.

No comments: