Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year !

This pass weekend was full of activities which made the long weekend zoomed by quickly.
Hubby worked Saturday so the kids and I spent the day at home. I had a cold so I took a nice long nap with Secondo which gave me more energy for the latter part of the day. She seemed to nap longer when I nap next to her. Danielle is really in to playing Star Wars video game. She could play for hours and doesn't even get tired of it. The weather got hot enough for our neighbor to pull out their small outdoor kiddy pool and the kids had fun playing water. The water was too chilly so I brought out gallons of hot water to make the pool a bit warmer. Toward the eveing, Secondo didn't want to get out of the pool even when her lips turned blue.
On Sunday, Danielle and I went to Legoland while hubby stayed home with Secondo. We got to the parking lot by 10 AM and there was already a huge line. She was really grumpy when we lined up for the sky cruiser saying she didn't want to go on. Once we finished the ride, she wanted to go on again. She really enjoyed the boat ride and pirate ship ride where we squirted water to people around us. Luckily we did the wet ride early in the day when it was sunny. Toward the afternoon, it got windy and cold so we headed home around 4 PM. Secondo was really happy to see us when we got home.
On Monday, the kids and I went to wish my parents Happy Chinese New Year and had lunch together. The got lots of red envelopes from my parents and my parent's friends. Mom cooked the best fried rice and I ate a big bowl of it. When Hubby got home from work, we took him mom and dad out to dinner to celebrate mother inlaw's birthday. After visiting with them for a while, we headed home, gave the kids baths,played littlest pet shop with the girls and went to bed.

4 comments:

Juliet said...

新年 快樂﹗

Sam said...

Thanks Juliet,
Can you show me where you get the Chinese Characters?

Juliet said...

I got it from www.njstar.com. You can download the software for free on a trial basis, but they eventually hope you will pay for it. I really like it. You type in the pinyin, and get to choose the correct character or characters below. You can choose traditional or simplified, too.

Sam said...

Thanks Juliet. I'll check out the website. Pinyin is so much easier than be pe me fe that I learned in Taiwan.