Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Flowers

On my way to get gas for the van, I noticed men were coming out of this warehouse with flowers and baloons in their hands and I saw the sign on the building "... Flower Warehouse" with "Valentine's day special offer" in red. I had to checked it out especially because today is Valentine's day and next week is teacher's appriciation week at Danielle's school. One of the things on the list was to shower her with flowers. I looked at the various arrangements and anything decent and small were over $25.00. 2 dozen red roses were $90.00. I was hoping to find some bargains but walked out empty handed.
Back in the office, I shared my discovery with my male co-workers also about giving flowers to hubby and they clued me in that men really prefer electronics as gifts rather than flowers.
I guess they weren't keen enough to see my ploy of getting flowers for me and use hubby as the cover up.
Happy Valentine's day everyone!

4 comments:

Juliet said...

That is expensive for flowers! Wow!
Clever little ploy of yours, too. hehe

Happy Valentines Day!

Sam said...

Clever but lacks cash to pull it off.

antawnkreitzer said...

Costco has great deals on flowers. Dozen for $13.99. central valley price but I can't imagine too big of a markup for the OC.

Sam said...

A,
You are right. Costco's roses are more affordable. I'll get some for next time I'm there