Thursday, February 08, 2007

Food & Music

Eversince I got back from Texas, I had been eating lots of my comfort food which are meat balls noodle soup, mom's stir fried noodles, and pad see yew noodles. If I'm stranded on a deserted island, I could live on noodles, coconut juice and may be some seafood from the ocean. Starting tonight, I'm going back to my healthy routine of veggie and protein. I still got lots of rice noodles left in the fridge so I may convert it to pad ke mow this weekend and share it with my neighbor.
Mom cooked a bunch of food for us yesterday so we are self sufficient while she and dad travel to Fresno & San Francisco to visit friends and Bulleye.
In our fridge, we have:
  • Chicken curry
  • Soy sauce short ribs
  • Chicken chow-mein ( Kid's favorite food)
  • Tomato stir-fry shrimp
  • Tofu-kan with fish cake (Kid's favorite food)
  • Cilantro Tofu skin
  • Winter melon meat ball soup
With mom's help, Danielle and Secondo are able to eat dinner right when they get home while I make rice and stir fry a veggie dish for dinner. When I'm done cooking, Danielle is done with dinner and she can practice piano while we eat.

Last night, Danielle voluntarily practice her performance piece on her own and attempted to make no mistake through out. She was able to play the piece with making only 2 errors but her tempo was not consistent through out the piece. I set the metronome to 144 and she was able to stay on the tempo after several trials. I tried playing the song with the metronome and it wasn't as easy as I had thought. She noted that I made 6 errors during the whole song which made her feel more confident about her piece.
The other day, Danielle asked
D: "When will I be done with piano?"
Me: "After you play for 30 minutes"
D: " No.. I mean done as in I don't ever have to play piano again."
Me: "18 years from now"
D: "I have to play piano until I'm 22 years old? "
Me: " 18+6=24 so until you're 24 years old."
D: " Wow, that's a long time.."
Me: " You're right, what about until you're 18 years old?"
D: " That's still a long time from now. Can I take a break from piano?"
Me: "Remember when you took a break during winter, it was harder for you to get back into the groove?"
D: "Not really..."
Me: "Let's think about your piano break after your recital"
D: " OK.."

No comments: