Friday, February 16, 2007

Driving habit

We've recently got a 6 cylinder Camry and sold my old Honda Accord. It was difficult parting with the Accord after it's been commuting with me for over 10 years but managing 3 automobiles is more work than we have time for.
One of the features of the Camry is that it calculates gas milage on the fly. When hubby drives it, he's able to get up to 28 miles/gallon where as when I drive it, it goes down to 24-25 miles/gallon. He's able to get higher miles because he drives 65 miles/hour and no rush hour traffic in the morning. For me, I get rush hour traffic going and leaving work. To save time, I sometimes go faster than 65 miles/hour when there's no traffic. Hubby challenged me to modified my driving habit and see if I'm able to get higher than 28 miles/gallon. This morning, I was able to get 26 miles/gallon so I'm for the challenge.

No comments: