Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bleak outlook

I've been checking the internet to see what good fortunes the year of the pig will bring to us but all I found were negative predictions of epidemics and disasters for 2007. Never the less, we must stay positive while carrying on with our daily lives and pay attention to the good things.
During our morning ride to school today,
Danielle:"Mom, what is a budget?"
Me: "It's a plan on how to spend money wisely."
D: "I don't get it."
Me: " If I have $100, I'll spend it on food, shelter, bills, and other things that we need as a family"
D: " I still don't get it"
I got to find a better example for "budget" considering that it's an important word for her financial future.

Before school, we stopped at the market to get flowers for her teacher and saw lots of other parents with kids doing the same thing.

2 comments:

Juliet said...

I have heard that this year will be bad for a lot of things that effect most of us, but I have also heard that it is a good year to have kids. Confusing. Oh well, whatever happens in the world, at least I know I will have a lucky kid. heh

Sam said...

Yes, I heard babies born in the year of the golden pig will bring lots of luck to the family.