Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tortas

Yesterday, I loured my coworkers to eat tortas (Mexican Sandwich) at El Gallo Giro with Aqua fresca. I was told by my Mexican coworker and friend that being at that restaurant is no different than being in Mexico City. The order taker is also the one making the sandwiches so it took a while (25 min) to get our sandwiches. Once we paid the lady, then we go to the Aqua fresca bar to get our drinks which is a seperate line. Needless to say, there's some efficiency issue with their production process.
I ordered ham sandwich and it was OK. Next time, I'll order either carnitas or asada. The sandwich was heavy so all of us was sleepy after lunch and needed a siesta badly. I only ate half the bread and cheese because it was so.. filling.

I signed Danielle up for chess last week and forgot to tell her about it so yesterday was the 1st day that she went to chess club. She told me that she's the only girl in the club and she played chess with the assistant teacher with the same name. She said the hour went by quickly so it sounded like something she likes to do.

We got our hamster, DJ a larger home shaped like a strawberry and a hamster litter box hoping that she'll poop and pee in there.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

The sandwiches sound good. If it was me, I'd probably need to share. Dave is on the opposite end of the appetite spectrum than I am. LOL

That's great that Danielle seems to be enjoying chess class. Good for the brain.

Oh! Are things all set up on your computer for us to begin conversing? Not trying to be a pest. I just wondered is all.