Tuesday, April 24, 2007

DJ is missing

This morning as I blowdrying my hair before getting ready for work, hubby came to me and said
H: "Did you feed the hamster last night?"
Me: " NO, I forgot.. Is DJ ok?"
H: "She's no longer in the cage, the cage door was open"
Me: sigh of relief... "I thought it died of hunger because I didn't feed it last night"

The cage is in the upstairs laundry room so we searched between the washer and the dryer, in the washer, in the laundry basket with clothes and no DJ.
Danielle checked under the beds and DJ wasn't there either.

D: "Is DJ going to die?"
Me: "No. We'll leave some food on the laundry room floor so she can eat when she gets hungry."
D: "If we don't find DJ can we get a new hamster?"
Me: "Don't worry, we'll find her sooner or later"

Hubby had to leave for work and tasked Danielle and I to look for the hamster. When he got to the main floor, he said "I FOUND her! She's in the office!" We all under estimated DJ's ability to escape.
He quickly put her back in her cage and left for work as Danielle scolded DJ in a nice way and told her not leave her cage anymore. DJ was really hungry so she stuffed both her cheeks with food and went into her igloo. I'm so glad we found her before I left for work this morning.

Our camera broke so the new one is on it's way. I'll post pictures of DJ soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sam! It's really amazing how those animals *hamsters, rabbits* manage to escape from a locked cage! Glad DJ is oke :D!