Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pass weekend


On Thanksgiving day, we went to hubby's brothers home to celebrate. It was nice not having to cook and just show up and eat for once. Danielle had fun scootering in the back yard and playing go fish card game with her cousin E and Secondo played with Mr. Potato head with me.
They served pumpkin pie, strawberry banana pie and Tiramisu but none of those deserts were appealing. I much rather have cheesecake than pies so I'm proud to say that I had a little taste of the Tiramisu and not the whole piece.
For dinner, we went to my parent's home and celebrated with them, my brother's in-laws and their dog Fei-fei. Fei-fei is 13 years old so she was calm and mellow. Unfortunately, sister in-law had to work on Friday after Thanksgiving so Bulleye and sister in-law didn't get to LA until late Friday night.
Mom said, earlier that day, they went out to lunch so the dog was leashed on a guava tree in the back yard. By the time they returned the dog ran away. Luckily, her nextdoor neighbor saw the dog and started the investigation on Fei-fei's owner with fliers etc. Fei-fei doesn't eat dog food so it was interesting to watch her eat beef stew with rice. Secondo was afraid to pet Fei-fei but she was willing to share her toys with the dog.

On Saturday, I went to the gym in the morning and we had a family dinner at
  • Ma's Islamic Restaurant
  • The bread in the picture was really good but there's another breat that is even more tasty. Needless to say I ate more that I should but I did take a spin class Sunday and burned off 600 calories.

    No comments: