Friday, December 01, 2006

Pad Thai review


Some of you may not know but I really enjoy eating pad thai. When I saw this box at Trader Joe's and the claim of 2 minutes prep time was enticing so I had to try it. I was shopping hungry and that didn't help the cause. Inside the box, there was 1 bag of noodles and 1 bag of sauce. I microwaved both and tossed them together and the picture below is what I got.

Hubby and I tried it and it didn't taste anything like pad thai that you get from Thai restaurants. Hubby was skeptical but I was willing to try many things at least once. I've made pad thai once and it didn't turn out perfectly but tasted better than this.

I'm a little annoyed at the moment because there are so many tasks on my "to do" list and I automatically turn to confort food to help me cope them.
  1. My key project is not working out as I had expected and time is running short.
  2. Company Christmas party is this Saturday and I don't have any formal outing wear that I still like wearing. It seems like eons since I've been to a nice dinner party where I had to dress up so I either shop tonight or tomorrow morning after going to the gym, alone.. ( May be Danielle could tag along and help me pick out something).
  3. Christmas shopping for everyone on my list
  4. Take picture of the kids for Christmas card
  5. Send out Christmas cards
  6. Get the house ready for my Oregon friend visit next week
  7. Come up with the menu for Christmas party for hubby side of the family
  8. Grocery shopping ( remember to buy brown rice!)
  9. Decide if we are getting a tree or not. Our piano has taken the space of our fake tree and Danielle is still waiting to decorate the tree. If we are getting a tree, the only space is in the living room and Secondo being 18 months, we're concerned that she'll eat the little decorations from the tree or break the ornaments. Sigh...
Secondo woke up with a bit of a temperature and cough this morning so I hope she's not getting sick again.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

There are mant things that I love about Trader Joe's. But their prepared food is not one of them. I have never had good experiences with them, and neither has my husband.