Monday, November 13, 2006

Reading

Since Danielle and I felt that she's not challenged by the books she had been bringing home from school, I went and borrowed several "Magic tree house" books from our local library. There aren't as many pictures in these books so I decided to read it for her and check her interest level. She picked "Vacation under the volcano" and we both really enjoyed the story. Danielle liked the adventure and time travel aspects of the book and I liked how the book introduces new words with definitions and how she learned these words in context and with historical perspective. I tried to stop in the middle of the book and she said "NO! Let's keep reading". After finishing the 1st book, she read "Midnight on the moon" and "Dolphin at day break" on her own the next day.
On our next trip to the library, we’re going to borrow "Mummies in the morning" and "Ghost town at sun down". I may sneak in several Junie B Jones books because I felt that she didn't give those books a chance.

No comments: