Thursday, March 17, 2005

Missing my baby

When I was in Kansas City, Mo for business Monday night, the local vendor we visited took my colleague and I to Jack Stack BBQ. I had the burnt ends, BBQ Pork ribs and hickory pit beans. It was a truly delicious meal. I found out that I can order online so that got me really excited.
During dinner, we were chatting about families and I heard country music in the background. It reminded me of our recent trip to Fresno where S would request for country music and sing along until she falls asleep. One of her latest favorite is Martina McBride’s God’s Will. When I heard that song in Kansas City, I wish she and hubby were there with me. I really missed her. When I got back to the empty hotel room, and called her on the phone.
S: "Where are you mommy?"
Me: "I’m in Kansas City"
S: "Where is Kansas?"
Me: "Farther than Fresno"
S: "When are you coming home?"
Me: "Tomorrow..."
I felt sad for a moment then hubby got on the phone and said that I'll be home in no time. After watching the Contender on MSNBC, I tried to sleep but the baby very active and not letting me rest no matter what position I tried. Eventually I dozed off and was woken up by a morning call.

No comments: