Monday, March 07, 2005

Breaking the habit: Day 14 & Shopping

Daughter is doing well after 2 weeks. I was abit worried last Friday when she spent the day with Mother In-Law because MIL tends to give in to what ever the grand kids demand. My conversation with Daughter Thursday night
Me: "Tomorrow, when you go to ba noi's (Paternal grandma in Vietnamese) house, are you going to suck your thumb when you nap?"
S: "Noi tells me it's OK to put the thumb in my mouth.."
Me: "If she tells you that, you say to Noi that you're dentist asked you to stop thumb sucking because it's bad for your teeth and If you decide to suck your thumb tomorrow, we're not getting any Pokemon this Saturday."
Me: " So.. are you going to suck thumb at ba noi's house?"
S: " No."
When hubby and I were alone, I asked hubby to ask MIL to help with this critical mission. According to hubby, she was cooperative and granted our request.

Bulleye had ordered daughter a bunch of Pokemon figurines so that will keep the reward/ positive reinforcement for a while but how should I end this reward program? I can't continue to buy her toys every week. I'm tired of seeing Pokemon everywhere in the house.

On a different note, we went clothes shopping at a Maternity store, Motherhood this weekend. I tried on different outfits and no matter what I try, I can't conceal the fact that I'm huge, big, and pregnant. Hubby was patient enough to give me input as I tried different outfits and the sales clerk chimed in trying to be helpful as I was showing hubby this top that I was trying on.
Me to hub: " What do you think?"
Hub: "It looks good"
Me: "Should I get it?"
Sales Clerk: " It looks great on you. Are you pregnant?"
Me in my mind : "Of course I'm pregnant! Can't you see this basketball I'm carrying? Why would I shop here if I wasn't? She thinks I'm fat and that's why I shop at this store stupid store. Urgh.."
Me to the Clerk: " Yes..." with an annoyed look on my face, I waddled back to the dressing room steamed.
She was telling hubby that she made the mistake assuming that one customer was pregnant when she wasn't and the clerk didn't want to make that again.
I was offended because she didn't think I was pregnant and that she thought I was just a fat person shoping at the maternity store.
After I cool off and think about the situation, I can't deny the fact that I am fat and pregnant and that's why I shopped there. That's also another reason why I'm not looking forward going to Big Bluff's wedding this coming weekend. With all the things he has to worry about that day, he probably won't know that I'm there or not. Hmm...

No comments: