Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cord Blood Banking

With all the reserch on stem cell, I went on the web and looked into cord blood banking. On the website there was no information on how much it actually cost to bank embilical cord blood so I called them.
Me: "Can you give me an estimate cost for cord blood banking?"
Salesman: "We are running this March special where you get $250.00 off if you sign up in March. It cost $95 and 1595 which include the collection kit etc.."
Me: "It's $95 to sign up and $15.85/month for storage?" (In my mind, it's not as expensive as I thought)
Salesmaan: " NO... It's fifteen hundred and ninty five dollars to enrole and Ninety five dollars per year for the next 18 years"
Me: "Oh.. Let me talk to my husband and get back to you."
Apparently, the blood will be stored it Arizona.

No comments: