Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Learning to play Tetris

After being entertained by Dimsum Diaries' blog entry of human tetris, it brought back fond memories of many hours spent practicing or mastering the game during my College years. I got the sheet music for the theme song and I'm determined to learn the song within the next 2 weeks and make my own short movie.
Our father's day was pretty low key. We stayed home and did our chores and ordered Thai food from Urban Thai just opened 3 blocks from us. Tom Yum Kung was a tremendous disappointment. I wanted to make my own but I didn't have any galanga or lemon grass on hand so I tried their version. It wasn't spicy or sour, kinda blend and they put bamboo shoots and baby corns in the soup. I also ordered the drunken noodle/ Pad kee mow which is basil and onion stir fried wide noodles. Their version has some sort of brown sauce coating and it also tasted blend. How did I missed the red flag when the waitress didn't provide a spicy scale of 1-10 when I placed the order. My guess is that they are catering to the non-Asian community that we live in.
My next culinary goal is to experiment and learn to make Pad kee mow. It can't be any more difficult than Pad Thai...
So far I have fallen off the wagon of healthy eating. I've been craving for rice and noodles and veggies are just not cutting it.

No comments: