Thursday, February 10, 2005

Memory

After a workout, I usually see this older lady, June. We chated frequently but she seems to not remember me at all. Am I that forgetable?
Here's an example of our conversation last Tuesday as I was changing back to my street clothes

J: "Are you pregnant?"
Me: "Yes, I am"
J: "How far along are you?"
Me: "6 months"
J: "Do you know what you are having?"
Me: "I’m having a girl"
J: "Is this your first?"
Me: "No, this is my 2nd"
J: "What gender is your 1st born?"
Me: "A girl"
J: "I have 2 girls and 1 boy"
Me: "That’s great!"
She went in to details about her grand kids etc..etc..

Today, as I was getting ready to jump into the shower, I noticed that June was staring intensely at my belly as if she was seeing it for the 1st time.
When we had eye contact, she started with:
J: "Are you pregnant?"
Me: "Yes I am"
J: "You look like you have 4 more months to go?"
Me: "About 3 more.."
J: "Do you know what you are having?"
Me: "I'm having a girl"
J: "Is this your first?"
Me: "No, this is my 2nd"
J: "What gender is your 1st born?"
Me: "A girl"

Then I head off to the shower and thoughts, if I see her again next Tuesday, are we going to have the same conversation again? May be she suffers from Alzheimer? May be not because she shows up to the gym to exercise every Tuesday and Thursday unless someone picks her up and drops her off based on a set schedule. Hm...

I’m thankful that my parents still have good memory.

1 comment:

Bullseye said...

Next time you should introduce yourself and say: "Did you notice that I was pregenant? I bet you're wondering if it's a boy or girl."

Answer all her questions before she can ask them. She'll probably think that you're psychic